I grilled for the first time this year about 3 weeks ago. It was almost therapeutic getting the grill ready, lighting the briquets, and watching the burgers transform into delectable morsels ready to be garnished with swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato.
We finally got to enjoy burgers again this past Sunday. Thanks to the nice weather, we had a wonderful meal outdoors with another couple we hadn’t seen in weeks. I’ll have to ask my friend how he got his burgers so perfect. Mine weren’t nearly that good.
Now that I’ve got the season’s first couple of grilling events under my belt, it’s time to take it up a notch or two with Kauffman’s Special Pork Chops, made with our sweet and tangy Apple Butter BBQ Sauce. A perfect BBQ sauce made with our very own apple butter.
You should try it too! Let us know how it goes. Either comment below or tell your story on our Facebook page. Also, if you're like me and need some grilling tips, check out Brian’s post from last year. Happy Grilling!!
- Kauffman's Double Cut Pork Chops
- Kauffman's Coarse Black Pepper
- Kauffman's seasoned salt
- 3 Cloves garlic peeled and sliced thin
- Kauffman's Marinade: 2 Cups Kauffman's Apple Cider & 4 Tbsp. Kauffman's Apple Butter
- Kauffman's Glaze: 1 bottle Kauffman's Apple Butter BBQ Sauce & 4Tbsp Kauffman's Apple Butter
- Kauffman's Sliced Apple Rub:
- 2-3 apples sliced ½ inch thick,
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- Pierce chops several times with a fork.
- Mix 4 Tbsp. Kauffman’s Apple Butter and Kauffman’s Apple Cider together for a marinade. Add sliced garlic.
- Add chops and the marinade to a 1 gallon plastic bag.
- Marinate at least 1 hr. (Longer the better)
- Drain and discard marinade
- Season with Kauffman’s season salt and black pepper
- Start fire and Grill Chops at 300-325°F ccfor 10-15 minutes on each side.
- Mix 1 bottle Kauffman's BBQ Sauce and 4 Tbsp Kauffman's apple butter to make a glaze.
- When you flip the chops coat with glaze
- To prepare the apple slices, put apple slices and the cinnamon/sugar mixture in a plastic bag. Toss to coat.
- Put Apple slices on the grill, then turn at 5 minutes