Come See the Orchards and Pick Your Own Sun-Ripened Fruit!
WHAT & WHEN
Closed for the Season
Re-opening in May 2023 for Strawberries
We have an east entrance and a west entrance. Both entrances have signs you can follow to the check-in area.
East: 48 South Harvest Road, Ronks, PA
West: 53 S. Weavertown Road, Ronks, PA
For updates on fruit ripening information, last-minute weather updates like rain cancellations, etc.
2023 U-Pick Fruit Schedule & Pricing
|Strawberries||Late May 2023||N/A|
|Sweet Cherries||June 2023||N/A|
|Sour Cherries||June 2023||N/A|
|Peaches & Nectarines||July, August 2023||N/A|
|Pears||August, September 2023||N/A|
|Pumpkins||September - October||$8|
Location and Orchard Market
Kauffman Orchards is located in central Lancaster County in southeastern Pennsylvania. It's a short 20-minute drive from Lancaster City, about 45 minutes from Harrisburg, and a pleasant 2-3 hour drive into Pennsylvania Dutch Amish country from Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New York City.
Our brick-n-mortar orchard market is about 1/2 mile away from the U-Pick orchards. Our market holds a cornucopia of PA Dutch and Amish-style foods, like our own homegrown fruits (already picked for you) and homemade sweet apple cider, bulk foods and baking supplies like flour and old-fashioned light and dark brown sugar, and fresh meats and cheeses from local Lancaster County food companies.
We will re-open our U-Pick in 2023 with strawberries, cherries, peaches, pears, and pumpkins. The harvest schedule above may be helpful for you to know when to plan your visits.
CALL OUR U-PICK HOTLINE FOR UP-TO-THE-HOUR CROP INFORMATION & RAIN CANCELLATIONS, ETC.: 717-768-0050
Pumpkin Pyramid & Petting Zoo
Feed the goats, chickens, and pigs. Take a walk through the wildflower patch and see all the buzzing and fluttering life! Plenty of photo ops beside, and within, our fancy pumpkin pyramid!
Large-Scale Orchard Art
Thanks to all who visited our large-scale art exhibit this season! Thanks also to Rhonda Ike, the artist who collaborated with us to create this beautiful work of art. On October 29, we held a closing event to burn the tree and brush sculpures. A big thank you to all who helped prepare the tinder and light the fire! Our orchard manager, Clair Kauffman, shared this reflection that he called Eulogy For The Apple Trees (PDF) with those in attendance.
- Tree-ripened fruit is the best! Our staff is available to help you and your children choose only the tastiest fruit.
- Trees have feelings too. Treat them as friends.
- Park in the designated parking area and be attentive to signage.
- NO eating is permitted in the fields or orchards. The fruit is our inventory and the rows of fruit are the "grocery store aisles." Federal law prohibits us from eating in a harvest area.
- Use proper trash receptacles. Please help us keep the farm clean and beautiful.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and must not enter the harvest areas. Federal law limits animal activity in harvest areas.
- No smoking or alcohol is permitted on the property of Kauffman Orchards.
- Our posted fruit harvest schedule is approximate (weather can change things!).
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Fruit is priced by volume; prepaid containers can be purchased at check-in. Please pick only what you can fit in your container. Additional fruit will require the purchase of additional containers.