Come See the Orchards and Pick Your Own Sun-Ripened Fruit!
WHAT & WHEN
9am - 4pm
Fridays & Saturdays
Also Open on Columbus Day!
Apples & Pumpkins
Varieties this weekend:
Crimson Crisp, Jonagold, & Crispin
For updates on fruit ripening information, last-minute weather updates like rain cancellations, etc.
2022 U-Pick Fruit Schedule & Pricing
|Strawberries||Late May 2023||N/A|
|Sweet Cherries||June 2023||N/A|
|Sour Cherries||June 2023||N/A|
|Peaches||Saturdays Beginning July 30 to September 3||1/2 Peck $17 | Peck $25|
|Plums||Not available in 2022 due to crop failure from frost|
|Apples||Mid-August thru mid-October||Peck $18 | Half Bushel $30|
|Pears||Early-Mid September||Peck $22|
|Pumpkins||September - October||$8 Each, Any Size|
Location and Orchard Market
Kauffman Orchards is located in central Lancaster County in southeastern Pennsylvania. It's a short 20-minute drive from Lancaster City, about 45 minutes from Harrisburg, and a pleasant 2-3 hour drive into Pennsylvania Dutch Amish country from Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New York City.
Our brick-n-mortar orchard market is about 1/2 mile away from the U-Pick orchards. Our market holds a cornucopia of PA Dutch and Amish-style foods, like our own homegrown fruits (already picked for you) and homemade sweet apple cider, bulk foods and baking supplies like flour and old-fashioned light and dark brown sugar, and fresh meats and cheeses from local Lancaster County food companies.
U-Pick Fruits and Hayrides
What's better than fresh fruit, picked by hand, straight from the orchard? Bring your family to Kauffman Orchards and enjoy picking your own seasonal fruit! In 2022 as the harvest progresses, we'll offer strawberries, cherries, peaches, apples, pears, and pumpkins, all at various locations within our 100-acre orchard outside of the village of Bird-in-Hand. The schedule above shows accurate details, and be sure to read through our U-Pick Policies below.
CALL OUR U-PICK HOTLINE FOR UP-TO-THE-HOUR CROP INFORMATION & RAIN CANCELLATIONS, ETC.: 717-768-0050
Pumpkin Pyramid & Petting Zoo
Feed the goats, chickens, and pigs. Take a walk through the wildflower patch and see all the buzzing and fluttering life! Plenty of photo ops beside, and within, our fancy pumpkin pyramid!
Large-Scale Orchard Art
See and experience our unique, large-scale earth art installation and labyrinth. Created in collaboration with local artist Rhonda Ike Hershey, the installation features a large labyrinth encircled with a ring of retired apples trees and surrounded by brush sculptures. Open to the public during U-Pick hours and Saturday evenings from 6pm to dusk.
On Saturday, October 29th, we will be holidng a special closing event for this art feature in which we will burn the brush circlets and the large ring of trees. The public is invited to a final labyrinth walk at 3:30-5pm and the burning from 5-6:30pm.
- Tree-ripened fruit is the best! Our staff is available to help you and your children choose only the tastiest fruit.
- Trees have feelings too. Treat them as friends.
- Park in the designated parking area and be attentive to signage.
- NO eating is permitted in the fields or orchards. The fruit is our inventory and the rows of fruit are the "grocery store aisles." Federal law prohibits us from eating in a harvest area.
- Use proper trash receptacles. Please help us keep the farm clean and beautiful.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and must not enter the harvest areas. Federal law limits animal activity in harvest areas.
- No smoking or alcohol is permitted on the property of Kauffman Orchards.
- Our posted fruit harvest schedule is approximate (weather can change things!).
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Fruit is priced by volume; prepaid containers can be purchased at check-in. Please pick only what you can fit in your container. Additional fruit will require the purchase of additional containers.