Come See the Orchard and Pick Your Own Fruit!
CALL OUR U-PICK INFO HOTLINE FOR HOURS, CURRENT CROPS, RAIN CANCELLATIONS, ETC.: 717-768-0050
U-Pick Crops This Week:
Pick your own fruit
What's better than fresh fruit, picked by hand, straight from the orchard? Starting on May 28 and running through fall, bring the family to Kauffman Orchards and enjoy picking your own seasonal fruit! This year we are excited to offer strawberries, cherries, peaches, apples, pears, and pumpkins.
Kauffman Orchards is located in central Lancaster County in southeastern Pennsylvania. It's a short 20-minute drive from Lancaster City, about 45 minutes from Harrisburg, and a pleasant 2-hour drive into Pennsylvania Dutch Amish country from Philadelphia and Baltimore. Navigate on your GPS/phone to 53 S. Weavertown Road, Ronks, PA. Our brick-n-mortar market is about 1/2 mile away from the U-Pick orchards, and we encourage you to stop in there to buy sweet apple cider, baking supplies like flour and old-fashioned light brown sugar, and fresh meats and cheeses from local PA Dutch food companies.
Depending on which fruit is in season for picking, you may find yourself in a variety of locations around our 100 acre orchard. We invite you to check back often to see which fruits are available each season!
- Tree-ripened fruit is the best! Our staff is available to help you and your children choose only the tastiest fruit.
- Trees have feelings too. Treat them as friends.
- Park in the designated parking area and be attentive to signage.
- NO eating is permitted in the fields or orchards. The fruit is our inventory and the rows of fruit are the "grocery store aisles." Federal law prohibits us from eating in a harvest area.
- Use proper trash receptacles. Please help us keep the farm clean and beautiful.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and must not enter the harvest areas. Federal law limits animal activity in harvest areas.
- No smoking or alcohol is permitted on the property of Kauffman Orchards.
- Our posted fruit harvest schedule is approximate (weather can change things!).
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Fruit is priced by volume; prepaid containers can be purchased at check-in. Please pick only what you can fit in your container. Additional fruit will require the purchase of additional containers.
2022 U-Pick Fruit Availability & Pricing
|Strawberries||Late May 2023||N/A|
|Sweet Cherries||June 2023||N/A|
|Sour Cherries||June 2023||N/A|
|Peaches||Saturday, July 2nd, then Saturdays July 30 to September 3||1/2 Peck $15 | Peck $20|
|Plums||Not available in 2022 due to crop failure from frost|
|Apples||Early-August thru mid-October||1/2 Peck $13 | Peck $18|
|Pears||Mid-August through early September||1/2 Peck $15 | Peck $20|
|Pumpkins||Mid-September through October||$5 Each, Any Size|