Come See the Orchards and Pick Your Own Sun-Ripened Fruit!
WHAT & WHEN
Closed for the Season
Re-opening in May 2023 for Strawberries
For updates on fruit ripening information, last-minute weather updates like rain cancellations, etc.
2023 U-Pick Fruit Schedule & Pricing
|Strawberries||Late May 2023||N/A|
|Sweet Cherries||June 2023||N/A|
|Sour Cherries||June 2023||N/A|
|Peaches & Nectarines||July, August 2023||N/A|
|Pears||August, September 2023||N/A|
|Pumpkins||September - October||$8|
Location and Orchard Market
Kauffman Orchards is located in central Lancaster County in southeastern Pennsylvania. It's a short 20-minute drive from Lancaster City, about 45 minutes from Harrisburg, and a pleasant 2-3 hour drive into Pennsylvania Dutch Amish country from Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New York City.
Our brick-n-mortar orchard market is about 1/2 mile away from the U-Pick orchards. Our market holds a cornucopia of PA Dutch and Amish-style foods, like our own homegrown fruits (already picked for you) and homemade sweet apple cider, bulk foods and baking supplies like flour and old-fashioned light and dark brown sugar, and fresh meats and cheeses from local Lancaster County food companies.
We will re-open our U-Pick in 2023 with strawberries, cherries, peaches, pears, and pumpkins. The harvest schedule above may be helpful for you to know when to plan your visits.
CALL OUR U-PICK HOTLINE FOR UP-TO-THE-HOUR CROP INFORMATION & RAIN CANCELLATIONS, ETC.: 717-768-0050
Pumpkin Pyramid & Petting Zoo
Feed the goats, chickens, and pigs. Take a walk through the wildflower patch and see all the buzzing and fluttering life! Plenty of photo ops beside, and within, our fancy pumpkin pyramid!
Large-Scale Orchard Art
Thanks to all who visited our large-scale art exhibit this season! Thanks also to Rhonda Ike, the artist who collaborated with us to create this beautiful work of art. On October 29, we held a closing event to burn the tree and brush sculpures. A big thank you to all who help prepare the tinder and light the fire.
- Tree-ripened fruit is the best! Our staff is available to help you and your children choose only the tastiest fruit.
- Trees have feelings too. Treat them as friends.
- Park in the designated parking area and be attentive to signage.
- NO eating is permitted in the fields or orchards. The fruit is our inventory and the rows of fruit are the "grocery store aisles." Federal law prohibits us from eating in a harvest area.
- Use proper trash receptacles. Please help us keep the farm clean and beautiful.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and must not enter the harvest areas. Federal law limits animal activity in harvest areas.
- No smoking or alcohol is permitted on the property of Kauffman Orchards.
- Our posted fruit harvest schedule is approximate (weather can change things!).
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Fruit is priced by volume; prepaid containers can be purchased at check-in. Please pick only what you can fit in your container. Additional fruit will require the purchase of additional containers.