Come See the Orchards and Pick Your Own Sun-Ripened Fruit!
WHAT & WHEN
Fuji, Golden Delicious, & Crimson Crisp Apples
Friday & Saturday
10AM - 4PM
For updates on fruit ripening information, last-minute weather updates like rain cancellations, etc.
2023 U-Pick Fruit Schedule & Pricing
|Strawberries||May 26th to Mid-June||$5/Quart|
|Sweet Cherries||Mid to Late June||$6/Quart or $30/Large Box (5.5 Quarts)|
|Sour Cherries||Late June||$6/Quart or $30/Large Box (5.5 Quarts)|
|Peaches||July-August||$16/Half Peck, $26/Peck, or $37/Half Bushel|
|Apples||August-October||$18/Peck, or $32/Half Bushel|
|Pears||August-September||$18/Peck, or $32/Half Bushel|
Location and Market
Kauffman Orchards is located in central Lancaster County in southeastern Pennsylvania. It's a short 20-minute drive from Lancaster City, about 45 minutes from Harrisburg, and a pleasant 2-3 hour drive into Pennsylvania Dutch Amish country from Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New York City.
Our brick-n-mortar market is about 1/2 mile away from the U-Pick orchards. Our market holds a cornucopia of PA Dutch and Amish-style foods, like our own homegrown fruits (already picked for you) and homemade sweet apple cider, bulk foods and baking supplies like flour and old-fashioned light and dark brown sugar, and fresh meats and cheeses from local Lancaster County food companies.
Nothing beats picking your own sun-ripened fruit! Besides, the orchard is a beautiful place to slow down and appreciate the pace of nature. Our season opens with strawberries in late May, continues in the summer with cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, and pears, and ends in the fall with apples and pumpkins. While you’re here you can enjoy our picnic area, feed the animals, and take a ramble through the wildflower patch.
CALL OUR U-PICK HOTLINE FOR UP-TO-THE-HOUR CROP INFORMATION & RAIN CANCELLATIONS, ETC.: 717-768-0050
Feed the Animals
Our animals love to be fed! Shell a corn cob with our antique hand-crank corn sheller (Sept., Oct.) and feed the kernels to the goats (Tam, Cupcake, Leeli & kids), chickens, or the pigs (Peppa and Lucy). You can even stick a feather in your shelled cob and use it for a lawn game.
Stay the Night
Did you know you can park your RV on the farm for a night? Reserve a parking spot and enjoy the magic of a sunset or sunrise in the orchard. RV guests must be members of Harvest Hosts and can make a reservation through the Harvest Hosts website. RV’s must be self-contained since no hookups or bathrooms are provided. Over-the-phone reservations not accepted.
- Tree-ripened fruit is the best! Our staff is available to help you and your children choose only the tastiest fruit.
- Trees have feelings too. Treat them as friends.
- Park in the designated parking area and be attentive to signage.
- NO eating is permitted in the fields or orchards. The fruit is our inventory and the rows of fruit are the "grocery store aisles." Federal law prohibits us from eating in a harvest area.
- Use proper trash receptacles. Please help us keep the farm clean and beautiful.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and must not enter the harvest areas. Federal law limits animal activity in harvest areas.
- No smoking or alcohol is permitted on the property of Kauffman Orchards.
- Our posted fruit harvest schedule is approximate (weather can change things!).
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Fruit is priced by volume; prepaid containers can be purchased at check-in. Please pick only what you can fit in your container. Additional fruit will require the purchase of additional containers.